Let’s address an issue which doesn’t seem exciting and causes most of the problems — The Cabling.
Almost always, the cabling needs to be adjusted to suit YOUR room layout or we need to add something additional to what comes in the box.
Let’s cover the basics here.
- Power cabling. Every device that needs 240V will require a GPO (general power outlet) or plug base (ceiling) in easy reach.
- Speaker cabling. Amplifiers or mixer to the speakers will need a good quality figure eight cable (this won’t come in any kit).
- Cat5a or Cat6 cabling. This might already be installed in your office so a good tip is to match the brand and style of cabling and patch leads you already have. If what you have already is a ‘certified’ solution with multiyear warranties then this is very important.
- HDMI cabling. HDMI cabling has maximum recommended lengths. They are different for 720p, 1080p and 4k resolutions. The higher the resolution required the shorter the cable length has to be.
- USB cabling comes in many flavours. USB, USB 2 and now USB 3 cables. They also have recommended lengths that are different for 720, 1080 and 4k resolutions.
This is where quality matters. If you buy a cheap cables you will get a substandard result.
Joins in a cable shorten the effective length. 2 x 5m HDMI cables joined together are not the same as 1 x 10 metre HDMI cable.
There are so many other things you need to consider and these might include floor boxes, table boxes, wall mounts, cable adapters etc. If you are not sure about the cabling just call us.
It’s what we do!
Talk to us before you start and save yourself some pain. If what you already have needs fixing we will be happy to help. If you’d like to talk to one of our professional team members about the best solution for your requirements, then fill out the form here and contact us today, we are here to help!